|Medical Review Service|
Medical record review is not a simple process – it requires the reviewer to be well-versed in the specific medical specialty, have the capability to identify and abstract relevant data and organize it neatly for easy retrieval. Attorneys, physicians, insurance companies, medical-legal consultants and case/chart review firms are among those that benefit from reliable medical record review service. When the task of organizing and summarizing complex medical records is entrusted with expert medical review professionals, the practice/office functioning becomes smooth and hassle-free. It is vital though, to identify the right medical review company that can rise up to your expectations.
Services Provided by a Reliable Medical Review Company
Before venturing out to find a suitable outsourcing company, you need to understand what medical review services involve. This is important because it will help you have a clear idea of what services you can expect and whether those are the kind of services you are looking for. The major medical review services you can expect are:
• Medical record organization – this involves sorting and indexing the medical records. The information in them is clearly understood so that they can be summarized and classified accordingly.
• Medical case history and summary – the relevant patient data is abstracted from the provider notes. The history is listed by category clearly prioritizing information regarding pre-existing conditions, hereditary factors and other vital data.
• Medical case chronology – this is a clear timeline listing all the medical encounters of the patient.
• Identifying missing records – the review team can easily identify any missing records and take steps to secure them.
Consider the Following Distinguishing Features
A competent medical review company will have certain distinguishing features that set it apart from the numerous providers in the industry.
• A thoroughly experienced and professional medical review team, comprising physicians, nurses, documentation specialists and support staff
• Focus on quality
• Utilizes advanced technology
• Advanced data collection and reporting system
• HIPAA compliance to ensure confidentiality of patient data
• Dedicated workforce that is sensitive to client requirements
• State-of-the-art QA process
Customized Turnaround and Competitive Pricing
When selecting a medical review company, you must ensure that it can meet your turnaround time requirements. Many reputable companies have offshore facilities which enable them to deliver the completed projects quickly and efficiently.
Ensure that the pricing is competitive, with excellent cost savings thrown in. this will help you to enjoy value-added medical record review services within your budget. Advanced medical reviews provided by the right service provider are a great support to medical-legal entities and others requiring medical record review.